Developer Reference Documentation
- Developer Guide (Doxygen)
- Test Suite Examples
Python Code Examples:
- mxvalidate.py: Validate a .mtlx file and optionally print a detailed or very-detailed summary of its contents.
- genmdl.py: Generate implementation directory for mdl based on existing MaterialX nodedefs in stdlib.
- writenodegraphs.py: Generate the "NodeGraphs.mtlx" example file using the MaterialX API.
- writelooks.py: Generate the "Looks.mtlx" example file using the MaterialX API.
- Discussion Forum (Google Groups)
In the MaterialX Distribution
The MaterialX Distribution currently includes:
- Cross-platform C++ source code for the library with C++ and Python bindings:
- Core MaterialX Library for MaterialX elements, graph generation and graph traversal
- XML serialization and file accessor utilities
- ShaderGen code generators and data for GLSL and OSL
- The MaterialXRender hardware renderer
- The MaterialXView viewer
- Automated unit test suite
- CMake files supporting compilation on Windows (Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 or newer), Linux (GCC 4.8 or newer), or Mac OS X (Xcode/Clang 3.3 or newer)
- Documentation, including the current specification and developer guides
- Mtlx definition files and OSL source code for pattern and shader nodes
- Various resources for creating and rendering MaterialX content, including XML syntax example files and example materials, images, and geometry.